CAN U OUTSING...OUTWIT...OUTLAST?
Based on the popular television show - be part of the most unique karaoke competition of its KIND! Karaoke SURVIVOR will challenge your vocal prowess - and your ability to "strategize" and conquer challenges to stand alone at the end as THE KARAOKE SURVIVOR!
MAYBE...you will be the karaoke Survivor champ!
Be THE KARAOKE SURVIVOR
- The first two weeks of the competition will be the QUALIFYING ROUNDS - you can sing anything you wish of any era or genre providing it falls within the time requirements listed below. A predetermined number of contestants will be put forward to the weekly rounds based on the audience votes on that night.
- To perform in qualifying round - $15.00 entrance fee must be paid to reserve your spot. Should you not qualify you are more than welcome to try to qualify again - but you will be responsible to pay another $15.00.
- Qualifying rounds - each performer will be required to sing TWO songs. Repeat songs are NOT permitted The order of performances are chosen out of the hat - first on gets first choice of songs!
- Once the ELIMINATION rounds begin, (after the qualified contestants HAVE BEEN determined) there will be themes to be adhered to that the contestants must honor - i.e. COUNTRY MUSIC, THE 80's etc. The amount of SONGS sung on the ELIMINATION rounds and the specific theme will be determined one week in advance by the host so contestants have a week to prepare.
- All song choices - regardless of theme that week - MUST NOT BE LONGER than 6:00 minutes in length. If a song is longer than allotted time, it will be automatically STOPPED at the 6:00 minute barrier -regardless of whether the song is finished.
RULES FOR SINGERS
- The competition is open to all who wish to take on the challenge. Pro. amateur - no matter - after all the audience will choose who they like.
- You MUST USE KARAOKE TRACKS - with words that appear on a screen! All contestants must use either - karaoke tracks provided by yourself on USB stick, KARAOKE TRACKS provided in CD+G ZIPPED FORMAT or VCD format (mpg, wmv, avi) No mp4 files with NO LEAD VOCALS, or use what the house provides. VOCAL ELIMINATORS tracks will not be accepted
- THE AUDIENCE is the judge - there will be no OTHER JUDGES. If you know the show SURVIVOR...then expect the UNEXPECTED and be ready to ADAPT to anything - this is MORE than just a vocal competition.
- If you make the top 8 singers - the NEXT four eliminated will be considered JURY MEMBERS! They get to vote on the following weeks performances and the finals - and a JURY vote is worth TWO audience votes!
- NO CONTESTANT while STILL competing will be permitted to vote. Once you have been eliminated and are not in the top 8 - you are now audience - so as long as you are present - you get one vote as everyone else does.
- There will be THE FINAL FOUR in the final night of competition.
- All singers will be required to use the microphones provided by the host - no personal mics will be permitted. If you have your own stand - you must ensure you have the appropriate clips and adapters to connect mic to your stand. There will be NO SOUNDCHECKS.
- Costumes and props are permitted and ENCOURAGED - extra people on stage of any kind and additional vocalists - even "un-mic-ed" are NOT! Instruments are welcome but will NOT BE Mic-ed.
- Any damage or misuse of provided equipment (swinging mics etc.) will not be permitted and may lead to disqualification You miss your turn on stage – it may cost you votes!
- By entering this contest - you approve the venue and karaoke operator to film your performance and use your likeness to promote this and future events!
RULES FOR AUDIENCE
- All present audience members on a given night will be given ONE VOTE. This vote will be for who you feel is the best!
- Audience must collect voting ballots and submit them during the VOTING window / period. Ballots will not be given out or accepted before this window - and that won't be till all participating singers have sung. If you vote is NOT submitted during the allotted time - it will not count.
- You must collect your BALLOT in person - multiple ballots will NOT BE GIVEN to someone to take on behalf of their table - I wasn't born yesterday. If you don't collect your ballot - you don't get to vote - just like voting for your Premier - no show - no vote!
- Being the balance of power is mainly with the audience - throughout the competition - the AUDIENCE will be offered chances and opportunities to save their favorites with IMMUNITY IDOLS (single use) or increase their voting power. These will be OPTIONS - not mandatory - it all depends how badly YOU want your contestant to SURVIVE!
**Prizes to be accepted as offered - there will be no CASH VALUE placed as a replacement. Prizes subject to increase as sponsors join the event.