BE THE FIRST KARAOKE LEAGUE CHAMP! THE KARAOKE ICON
RULES TO BEING THE KARAOKE ICON
- KARAOKE ICON is the FIRST EVER KARAOKE LEAGUE PLAY, all contestants who enter will be singing weekly to earn a "ranking" for that night, and that ranking will be converted to points and charted for the entire duration of league play
- To perform in competition round - $20.00 entrance fee must be paid to reserve your spot - THIS IS A ONE TIME FEE for the entire event! By entering, you agree to compete for 8 weeks consecutively on Tuesday, and commit to the finals on week 9.
- You may enter the competition on ANY week, however you accept that you will be at a disadvantage for the number of points you didn't compete. Same applies during the competition, you may miss a competition round, you just accept that you will not score any points that week.
- Competition rounds - each performer will be required to sing TWO songs. Repeat songs are NOT permitted The order of performances are chosen out of the hat - first on gets first choice of songs!
- If you achieve the highest amount of points on a given competition round - this will give you the advantage of: 1) You will get priority choice of your songs and no other competitor can take them. 2) You will get to choose WHEN you perform in the rotation.
- There will be themes to be adhered to that the contestants must honor - i.e. COUNTRY MUSIC, THE 80's etc. The amount of SONGS sung on the ELIMINATION rounds and the specific theme will be determined one week in advance by the host so contestants have a week to prepare.
- All song choices - regardless of theme that week - MUST NOT BE LONGER than 6:00 minutes in length. If a song is longer than allotted time, it will be automatically STOPPED at the 6:00 minute barrier -regardless of whether the song is finished.
RULES FOR SINGERS
- The competition is open to all who wish to take on the challenge. Pro. amateur - no matter - after all the audience will choose who they like.
- You MUST USE KARAOKE TRACKS - with words that appear on a screen! All contestants must use either - karaoke tracks provided by yourself on USB stick, KARAOKE TRACKS provided in CD+G ZIPPED FORMAT or VCD format (mpg, wmv, avi) No mp4 files with NO LEAD VOCALS, or use what the house provides. VOCAL ELIMINATORS tracks will not be accepted
- THE AUDIENCE is the judge - there will be no OTHER JUDGES.
- ALL CONTESTANTS will be required to be IN THE ROOM - ready to sing - 30 minutes before the start of the competition round that evening!
- NO CONTESTANT while STILL competing will be permitted to vote. Once you have been eliminated and are not in the finals - you are now audience - so as long as you are present - you get one voting form as everyone else does.
- There will be THE FINAL THREE in the final night of competition - the top three point running totals over 8 weeks.
- All singers will be required to use the microphones provided by the host - no personal mics will be permitted. If you have your own stand - you must ensure you have the appropriate clips and adapters to connect mic to your stand. There will be NO SOUNDCHECKS.
- Costumes and props are permitted and ENCOURAGED - extra people on stage of any kind and additional vocalists - even "un-mic-ed" are NOT! Instruments are welcome but will NOT BE Mic-ed.
- Any damage or misuse of provided equipment (swinging mics etc.) will not be permitted and may lead to disqualification You miss your turn on stage – it may cost you votes!
- By entering this contest - you approve the venue and karaoke operator to film your performance and use your likeness and voice to promote this and future events!
- Any singer who has performed or is affiliated with THE ADMIRAL PUB. ONE NIGHT PRODUCTIONS, THE ULTIMATE ELVIS SHOW or RETRO VEGAS is not eligible to enter this event.
RULES FOR AUDIENCE
- All present audience members on a given night will be given ONE VOTING FORM. This vote will be for who you feel is the best!
- When you receive the form, you will be introduced to all SINGERS competing that evening. Your role is simple - you must place each performer in the order from who you liked best to who you liked least. You mark a "1" beside your favorite, a "2" beside your second favorite and so on. It is important you rank all performers in your TOP 4 as they will receive points for the position you rank them. For example - the performer your mark as "1" may receive 50 points toward their running total and the performer you mark as "2" will receive 30 points toward their running total.
- IMPORTANT - ALL VOTING FORMS THAT DO NOT LIST THEIR TOP 4 - WILL NOT COUNT FOR ANY POINTS TO ANY SINGER! I.E. YOU MARK ONLY WHO YOU WANT FIRST - THAT FORM WILL BE VOID AND WILL NOT COUNT!
- The audience will submit the VOTING FORMS at the END of the evenings round. The VOTING FORMS will not be accepted before this window - and that won't be till all participating singers have sung. If you vote is NOT submitted during the allotted time - it will not count.
- You must collect your VOTING FORM in person - multiple FORMS will NOT BE GIVEN to someone to take on behalf of their table - I wasn't born yesterday. If you don't collect your ballot - you don't get to vote - just like voting for your Premier - no show - no vote!
- Being the balance of power is mainly with the audience - throughout the competition - the AUDIENCE will be offered chances and opportunities to save their favorites by increasing their voting power. These will be OPTIONS - not mandatory - it all depends how badly YOU want your contestant to WIN!
**Prizes to be accepted as offered - there will be no CASH VALUE placed as a replacement. Prizes subject to increase as sponsors join the event.